What to Do & Avoid Before Your New Tattoo...
For the best results your "tattoo aftercare" starts before you get your tattoo.
Healing is a process.
When your skin & your general health are in good order, the tattoo process and healing process get a jump start.
Be good to your skin! For 1 to 3 days before your tattoo try these 5 suggestions:
1. Avoid substances like alcohol, nicotine, drugs, caffeine and other toxins as best you can.
One of the skin's functions is to expel toxins. PUSH them OUT through our pores.
3.Drink lots of water. Hydrate your skin from the inside.
4. Stay out of the sun if you can. If not, sunscreen up!
5. Get in the habit of GOOD skincare.
This means using true skin moisturizers and dumping crappy lotion in the garbage. Use SLS free soaps with a pH between 5.2 and 6. Like our TattFoam! Use a good exfoliant like our Tattoo Polish before you go in.
Try My Favorite Anti Inflammatory Smoothie Recipe:
- 1/2 C fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 C fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 to 2 peeled limes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup walnuts. If you are allergic to nuts use 1/4 cup coconut oil
- For a bonus add 1c if spinach... yummmm....
- 2C water or 1.5 C water and ¹/²C ice.